He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Monday, January 31, 2011

First Aid for the First Responder Marriage

This article seemed to be just what the doctor ordered for me.. hope it helps someone else out there! We gotta love our guys, sometimes we won't exactly understand them, what they've seen or how they handle certain things.. or how they vent. But, whatever we can read to help us understand, all the better!

In First Aid for the First Responder Marriage, Focus on the Family "focuses" on us and our marriages! I love finding things that are more tailored to what we go through. 

I pray that this blesses all of you, First Responder's wives.  We are now planning for an "imminent storm" that is coming here in the midwest. I'm going to stay warm, and cancel pretty much all plans in the next couple days. I'm excited to be "snowed in!"


1 comment:

Hayley said...

Hi, Kara. . .

Wow, this was just what I needed today.

I have been a little bewildered with how to encourage my frustrated ff husband today. . . it's so hard when they are gone for so long. I appreciated the reminder to give some space. . . and make sure our home + my heart is welcoming to him when he finally gets here.

Snuggle in and stay warm. . . I'm three hours west of you secretly hoping for a huge blizzard. :-)