He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Interview - Annette: A repeat "Girls Get Away Cruise" girl!

I wanted to interview someone who had been on the Girls Getaway Cruise before. And look, I found someone! I also found out she's a fellow Pacific Northwest girl, like me! Meet Annette, she has been on this cruise several times! I look forward to meeting her in January, and other ladies to connect with along the way. Thank you, Annette, for being willing to answer my questions! 

If you are interested in this cruise, click on the Group KARA  button at the top of my site (if you come back later) or right here to find out more information and to save $100! Or you need to mention the name of the group you are affiliated with if you speak with someone.

Join Kara on the Girl's Get-a-way 2012


 Interview

Name: Annette Gulliford Camp



A little about yourself: I've been married 34 1/2 years and have two grown sons. I work as a Finance Manager.

My profile picture is taken in Cozumel.

What made you decide to go on the first cruise? I went on the first cruise because I found out about it from Karen Kingsbury, our hometown gal! I've have been on four Girl's Get-A-Way cruises and looking forward to number five next January!

Favorite thing to pack...summer clothes in winter!!

I wish I had not packed...so much clothes...too much!

I wish I would have packed...hmmm...can't think of anything.

What did you expect to get out of it? A renewed and refreshed spirit.

What did you take from it?  A renewed and refreshed spirit as well as new friends from around the country...future cabinmates!

Who was your favorite speaker and why? Favorites are Karen Kingsbury for her inspirational stories and Tanya Crevier for her bright light and enthusiasm for the Lord.

Anything that surprised you? The biggest suprise last October was the switch to Royal Caribbean from Carnival. There is no comparison...Royal Caribbean is the best!

What ages do you think really will benefit? (I am taking my 15 yr old, and hoping she will fit in somewhere) I think teens to adults are the best ages as there are programs and get togethers mostly for those ages.

Is there time to have fun? (other than what is planned) There is plenty of free time and plenty to do...you can do as little or as much as you like.

What was your favorite meal? All meals were great. The breakfast and lunch buffets have a tremendous variety of foods. The evening dinners were fantastic too, and such decadent desserts!

What was your favorite thing to do on Cozumel? So far I have shopped and done snorkeling in Cozumel. Not a big fan of shopping. The snorkeling was great and highly recommended if you have never done it. I went for the first time this past October and loved it. Probably won't do it again, only because I want to keep trying new things.
I think the thing I need to do better is pace myself. It's easy to do too much and not take time to relax...I keep trying to learn that...I did get a nice nap in Sunday afternoon this past cruise.

Favorite thing to do  on the ship? The evening programs are always inspirational and funny too, like the "No Talent" show...you never laughed so hard!!
The best part ever, though, truly is worshiping and interacting with so many other Christian women and making friends from all over the country and Canada too. Our last cruise was only partially chartered and the other half of the ship was open to the public. I was first not thrilled with that prospect as previous cruises were fully chartered. But, the opportunity to shine for the Lord and be an example of his patience and love is unmeasurable. There were people taking notice and asking questions. Praise the Lord!!


So, does this look good to you? Are you ready? I AM! I cannot wait to "get away" on a Royal Caribbean Cruise! 

MORE INFO ABOUT THIS CRUISE


Join Kara on the Girl's Get-a-way 2012

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.