He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Monday, November 22, 2010

That Good Friend

"If you have two friends in your lifetime, you're lucky. If you have one good friend, you're more than lucky." - S.E. Hinton

I've been thinking a lot lately about friendship. I'm so thankful for the friends that I have in my life. Some have been around for just a couple years or so, and others since I was little. I also love social networks, because they have kept us all connected. It doesn't matter that we haven't seen each other for years. I just like knowing she cleaned out her clothes closet today, or stepped in a mud puddle.. it makes me still feel close to them. 

My youngest had a friend over the other day. It was freezing outside! They were so excited to see each other (after all, it had been a day or so..) and were going to stay inside, but they had a brainstorm and decided to bundle up and go outside. I heard them laughing and having a great time with what they had found to do. Wash my garage windows! Yep - and the water they used? Well, none other than the garden wagon itself. Someone was nice enough to leave it out so it could collect rain for the last several days!

I pray that each of my kids have friends that are an encouragement to them. I also pray that they are the same to others.  
Proverbs 12:26
The godly give good advice to their friends; the wicked lead them astray.
Proverbs 18:24
There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.
 Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend. 

The reason I'm loving this day, is because when you have that really good friend who just "gets" you, it doesn't really matter what you do. You have a great time just being together. I am so thankful for their friendship. It makes me miss the days I would call my friends and we would find something to do. Didn't really matter what, but these two rarely complain that there is nothing to do. There's always something to do when you're with that one good friend!


 

No comments: