He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Anyone doing the Siesta Scripture Memory Team?

I am doing the Beth Moore Scripture Memory Team on her blog which is Living Proof Ministries, or the LPM Blog. I must admit, I haven't posted my verses each couple weeks, but I have followed along. I have written down my verses in my cute little Siesta scripture team index booklet. I'm sure it defeats *a* purpose by not posting (yet), I will this next week. But in the meantime, I believe the *main* purpose is to memorize it.
Even if you don't do this, read some of these! You might just be encouraged, refreshed, and inspired to start your own! I like how she wants us to pick verses that meet us where we are. Not to grab hers, or your best friend's, but your own. No pressure, just great to memorize something, a verse, if nothing else.


Here are my 3 verses so far. Just to encourage you to find something that speaks to you for the next couple weeks!

Verse #1 - Jan 1st, 2011 

Being confident in this, that he who began a good work in you 
will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus Christ.
- Philippians 1:6

Verse #2  - Jan 15th, 2011

Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols 
on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, 
talking about them when you sit at home and when 
you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 
- Deuteronomy 11:18-19

Verse #3 - Feb 1st, 2011

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, 
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 
Philippians 4:6-7 

Let me know if you are doing this, too! God bless you and your little hearts as you begin to look through His word and find what you need this week! :)


No comments: