He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Reclaiming a Generation

Today I stayed home with my son as he and I were sick. My husband took the girls to church, so we looked online for something to watch. We came across Willow Creek Chicago  website and some of their featured videos of sermons and special events. We clicked on the May 2010 button and saw their youth pastor, Shane Farmer, speaking on "Reclaiming a Generation." Wow! I encourage you to watch this. He was right on as he explained how this generation is growing up on soil that is rocky and shallow.
(to view his message, click the Willow Creek link, go to May 2010, click on Reclaiming a Generation)

Matthew 13:3-9 - "A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. He who has ears, let him hear."

It reminded me of this powerful video. I am drawn to tears every time I see it. I love the way they show these powers of darkness that so subtly wedge into our every day lives.

Ephesians 6:12 - For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.





Psalm 130:1-5 Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD; O Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy. If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.

No comments: